- Contains extensively revised and updated content throughout, while maintaining the same practical, easy-to-use format as the previous edition.
- Covers benign and malignant gastrointestinal diseases not often included in other texts, as well as in-depth discussions of pathophysiologic processes and molecular mechanisms wherever possible.
- Features more than 3,000 high-quality illustrations, including gross and microscopic photographs (many new to this edition), electron micrographs, radiographs, and line drawings.
- Includes separate chapters on hereditary polyposis, cancer syndromes, motility disorders, and inflammatory bowel disease, as well as neuroendocrine, hematopoeitic, and mesenchymal neoplasms.
- Integrates pathologic analyses of specimens with anatomic, clinical, radiologic, pathophysiologic, and microbiologic information to give you a clear understanding of each disease process.
- Serves as a comprehensive resource for the pathologist evaluating biopsies, cytologic, or resection specimens from all GI sites.
Your book purchase includes a complimentary download of the enhanced eBook for iOS, Android, PC & Mac. Take advantage of these practical features that will improve your eBook experience:
- The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time — providing a seamless reading experience online or offline
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks
- Multiple viewing options that enable you to scale images and text to any size without losing page clarity as well as responsive design
- The ability to highlight text and add notes with one click