Key features include:
- progressive coverage of speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
- structured, jargon-free explanations of grammar
- an extensive range of focused and stimulating exercises
- realistic and entertaining dialogues covering a broad variety of scenarios
- useful vocabulary lists throughout the text
- additional resources available at the back of the book, including a full answer key, a grammar summary, bilingual glossaries and English translations of dialogues.
This second edition has been extensively updated and revised throughout, and includes up-to-date cultural information, an enhanced index, an expanded glossary and completely new audio recordings. Balanced, comprehensive and rewarding, Colloquial Icelandic will be an indispensable resource both for independent learners and for students taking courses in Icelandic.
Accompanying audio material is available to purchase separately on two CDs or in MP3 format, or comes included in the great value Colloquial Icelandic pack. Recorded by native speakers, the audio complements the book and will help enhance learners' listening and speaking skills. By the end of this course, you will be at Level B2 of the Common European Framework for Languages and at the Intermediate-High on the ACTFL proficiency scales. Course components: The complete course comprises the book and audio materials. These are available to purchase separately in paperback, ebook, CD and MP3 format. The paperback and CDs can also be purchased together in the great-value Colloquials pack.