SSL Remote Access VPNs
An introduction to designing and configuring SSL virtual private networks
🍌 Dodanie môže trvať viac ako dva týždne
Cisco® SSL VPN solutions (formerly known as Cisco WebVPN solutions) give you a flexible and secure way to extend networking resources to virtually any remote user with access to the Internet and a web browser. Remote access based on SSL VPN delivers secure access to network resources by establishing an encrypted tunnel across the Internet using a broadband (cable or DSL) or ISP dialup connection.
SSL Remote Access VPNs provides you with a basic working knowledge of SSL virtual private networks on Cisco SSL VPN-capable devices. Design guidance is provided to assist you in implementing SSL VPN in existing network infrastructures. This includes examining existing hardware and software to determine whether they are SSL VPN capable, providing design recommendations, and guiding you on setting up the Cisco SSL VPN devices. Common deployment scenarios are covered to assist you in deploying an SSL VPN in your network.
SSL Remote Access VPNs gives you everything you need to know to understand, design, install, configure, and troubleshoot all the components that make up an effective, secure SSL VPN solution.
Jazib Frahim, CCIE® No. 5459, is currently working as a technical leader in the Worldwide Security Services Practice of the Cisco Advanced Services for Network Security. He is responsible for guiding customers in the design and implementation of their networks, with a focus on network security. He holds two CCIEs, one in routing and switching and the other in security.
Qiang Huang, CCIE No. 4937, is a product manager in the Cisco Campus Switch System Technology Group, focusing on driving the security and intelligent services roadmap for market-leading modular Ethernet switching platforms. During his time at Cisco, Qiang has played an important role in a number of technology groups, including the Cisco TAC security and VPN team, where he was responsible for trouble-shooting complicated customer deployments in security and VPN solutions. Qiang has extensive knowledge of security and VPN technologies and experience in real-life customer deployments. Qiang holds CCIE certifications in routing and switching, security, and ISP Dial.
- Understand remote access VPN technologies, such as Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP), Internet Protocol Security (IPsec), Layer 2 Forwarding (L2F), Layer 2 Tunneling (L2TP) over IPsec, and SSL VPN
- Learn about the building blocks of SSL VPN, including cryptographic algorithms and SSL and Transport Layer Security (TLS)
- Evaluate common design best practices for planning and designing an SSL VPN solution
- Gain insight into SSL VPN functionality on Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) and Cisco IOS® routers
- Install and configure SSL VPNs on Cisco ASA and Cisco IOS routers
- Manage your SSL VPN deployment using Cisco Security Manager
This security book is part of the Cisco Press® Networking Technology Series. Security titles from Cisco Press help networking professionals secure critical data and resources, prevent and mitigate network attacks, and build end-to-end self-defending networks.