A Molecular Approach
The Cell, Seventh Edition provides a balance of concepts and details that meets the needs of today's students and their teachers. Written by an active scientist and experienced educator, this textbook combines readability and cohesiveness with comprehensive and up-to-date science.
In keeping with prior editions, the new Seventh Edition:
- Is ideally suited in length and complexity for sophomore- and junior-level courses at the undergraduate level.
- Can be covered in a single semester. Students can master the material in its entirety, rather than sampling a small fraction from a much larger text.
- Is written in an efficient and compact style, covering a broad range of material in a direct and pedagogically approachable manner.
- Focuses on the molecular biology of cells as a unifying theme, with topics such as developmental biology, the nervous system, the immune system, and plant biology being discussed as examples of more general principles.
- Features 'Key Experiment' and 'Molecular Medicine' boxes that highlight the experimental nature of molecular and cellular biology and convey the excitement and medical relevance of research in this area.