(HINT: IT’S NOT JUST THE LIGHTING)
Scott Kelby, the world’s #1 best-selling author of photography books, Editor-in-Chief and Publisher of Photoshop User magazine, and Publisher of the just-released Light It magazine, has reinvented how lighting books are written by finally revealing the entire process from start to finish. You see everything from the complete lighting setup (and all the gear used), to the shoot (including all the camera settings and a contact sheet of the progression of the shoot), to the all-important part that most books don’t dare include–the post-processing and retouching in Photoshop. This book also breaks new ground in the visual way it teaches you the lighting setup. There aren’t any sketches or 3D models–you see the lighting layout in a full-page photo, taken from above during the live shoot, so you can see exactly where everything’s positioned (the subject, the photographer, the lighting, the background–you name it–you see it all). Plus, you’ll see side, over-the-shoulder, and more behind-the-scenes views, so you can absolutely nail the lighting every time.
LEARN THE LIGHTING SETUPS THE PROS USE
Each year, Scott trains thousands of professional photographers during hisLight It. Shoot It. Retouch It. LIVE! seminar tour and now, for the first time ever, he’s taken that incredibly popular style of learning and put in into book form. Now everyone can have a real-world reference for getting the same looks today’s clients are clamoring for.
- The step-by-step layouts for creating the most-requested and sought-after lighting looks
- How to get more out of one light than you ever thought you could (this is worth it alone!)
- How to control and shape your light without breaking the bank
- The camera settings, gear, and power settings for every shot
- The retouching techniques the pros really use to make their subjects look their very best
- How to retouch hair, eyes, lips, skin, and lots of other little retouching tricks that make a really big difference
- How to create high-contrast portrait effects without buying expensive plug-ins
- A host of insider tricks, invaluable shortcuts, and kick-butt special effects to give you a real advantage over the competition
Plus, Scott includes a special bonus chapter that shows how to create these same studio looks using off-camera hot shoe fl ashes and the modifi ers made for them. There’s never been a book like it.
About the Author
Scott Kelby is Editor-in-Chief of Photoshop User magazine, President of the National Association of Photoshop Profession als (NAPP), Training Director for the Adobe Photoshop Seminar Tour, and one of the leading seminar instructors in the industry today. Scott is author of the best-selling books The Lightroom Book for Digital Photographers, Professional Portrait Retouching Techniques for Photographers Using Photoshop, Photoshop Down & Dirty Tricks, and The Digital Photography Book (volumes 1, 2 & 3), among others. His easygoing, plain-English style of teaching makes learning photography and Photoshop fun. Scott trains thousands of photographers each year through his live seminars, live Webinars, and his weekly videocast. He knows firsthand which lighting and retouching techniques are in demand, and now he shares them all in one place, here in his latest book.