- Traditional recipes donated by Syrian families - passed down from generations.
- Syrian-inspired recipes lovingly donated by celebrity chefs, Great British Bake Off alumni, and award winning cookbook authors.
- Stunning photography, artwork and design - all 100% donated.
Contributors include ...
Amelia Freer, Angela Hartnett, Anna Jones, Bruno Loubet, Chetna Makan, Ed Smith, Ella Mills (Deliciously Ella), Elly Curshen, Fergus Henderson, Georgina Hayden, Gizzi Erskine, Hemsley+Hemsley, Henrietta Inman, Izy Hossack (TopWithCinnamon), Jack Monroe, Jamie Oliver, Jeremy Lee, John Gregory-Smith, John Whaite, José Pizarro, Kylee Newton, Lily Vanilli, Martin Morales, Nuno Mendes, Olia Hercules, Oliver Rowe, Rosie Birkett, Sami Tamimi, Selin Kiazim, Skye Gyngell, Sophie Michell, Symmetry Breakfast, Thomasina Miers, Yotam Ottolenghi and more!
Not for Profit ... ...
All profits from the sale of #CookForSyria the recipe book will be donated to charity - in aid of UNICEF's Children of Syria Fund.
About #CookForSyria ... ...
Curated by award winning Instagram star ClerkenwellBoy (Winner "Best Instagram Feed for Food Lovers") and Serena Guen (founder of Suitcase Magazine and Unicef UK s ambassador for Next Generation London) .
- The pair originally came up with the idea to curate one charity dinner, for one night with one chef in aid of Unicef UK's humanitarian work helping children and refugees affected by the crisis in Syria. .
- This quickly became a large scale charity banquet with six headline chefs which sold out within in days. .
- Leveraging the power of social media, top chefs, cookbook authors and families with links to Syria were encouraged to get involved by sharing their favourite recipes online with a #CookForSyria inspired twist - so that anyone could host their own charity supper club at home, bake sale or just learn about the amazing cuisine and culture of Syria. .
- As recipes flooded in, it made sense to share these beyond social media and in the form of a beautiful not for profit recipe book.
Quotes from the Contributors ...
"Sami and I - like so many other chefs - live to eat. It bends my mind to think of how many children in Syria are, on the other hand, eating to live" Yotam Ottolenhgi, award winning cookbook author and tv presenter